The Gibson SGM with Min-ETune takes the SG to a whole new level. Worlds beyond the original SG, whose thin mahogany body, beveled edges, pointy horns, and aggressive sound first caught the attention of guitarists in the '60s, the 2014 SGM with Min-ETune brings automatic tuning to the masses. But don't let the high-tech gizmos distract you - this guitar's lightweight mahogany body, slim fast-action neck, and '61 Zebra humbuckers deliver legendary playability and classic tone. Gibson's SGM with Min-ETune.
Gibson SGM Solidbody Electric Guitar at a Glance:
Tune faster and more accurately with the Min-ETune system
- Tune faster and more accurately with the Min-ETune system
- '61 Zebra pickups deliver timeless humbucker tone
- Streamlined mahogany body and SG slim-profile neck feel amazing
You'll find Gibson's innovative Min-ETune automatic tuning system on this 2014 SGM, which gives you ultra-precise tuning with just one strum on your strings. You've got instant access to 12 factory-preset tunings, with six additional slots to save your own favorites. The Min-ETune system uses a long-lasting lithium ion battery that gives you 80-100 tunings on a single charge. And because the Min-ETune system boasts 40:1 ratio tuners, the tuning accuracy on the SGM is second to none.
'61 Zebra pickups deliver timeless humbucker tone
When you think of the SG tone, you think of a full, meaty sound with solid sustain and rich harmonics. That's just what you get from this SGM electric guitar. That's because Gibson loaded this axe with a pair of their new '61 Zebra humbuckers. Featuring unbalanced windings and Alnico V magnets, these pickups deliver all levels of gain with ease, providing you with chimey clean low-gain sounds and aggressive crunch as you roll up the volume.
Streamlined mahogany body and SG slim-profile neck feel amazing
The lightweight SG guitar style has been a hit for decades. The Gibson SGM's sleekly contoured, lightweight mahogany body fits you like a glove and makes the guitar incredibly comfortable, even for long playing sessions. The SG's iconic dual-horned cutaway gives you unobstructed access to the upper registers, while the slim-profile maple neck provides the easy action you need to pull off fast runs effortlessly. And while we're on the subject of soloing, it's noteworthy that the SGM is a 24-fret instrument, which makes it ideal for shredding across a broad range of musical styles.
Gibson SGM Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Min-ETune system lets you tune automatically in seconds with the push of a button and a single strum
- Extended-life Li-ion battery lets you tune up to 100 times on a single charge
- Comfortable, streamlined lightweight mahogany body lets you rock all night
- Fast, slim-profile maple neck lets your fingers fly
- 24-fret rosewood fingerboard for extended-range shredding
- 120th Anniversary inlay at 12th fret marks 2014 as a very special year for Gibson guitars
- Two '61 Zebra humbuckers deliver time-tested SG tone
- Graph Tech nut; cryogenic-treated fret wire for longer life and corrosion resistance
- Black Max Grip Speed Knobs let you tweak your tone quickly and accurately
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish enhances this guitar's looks, feel, and tone
- Gibson premium gig bag included
- Made in Nashville, TN
- Gibson USA's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 Customer Service